Friday, March 15, 2002

Well, look at that... there is a Friday Five after all! :)

1. What's your favorite animal? I've always been partial to cats, though there are certainly some that I don't like...

2. What pets have you had in your lifetime? Growing up, we had our dog, Dusty, who was older than I was. He lived to be quite an old dog, but we had to have him put to sleep when I was in high school. I think he was around 18 years old (people years!) by that point. We had a pet mouse for about a day, when we caught him in our old apartment. We let him go out in a park though, because we really didn't want a mouse for a pet. I named him Templeton, after the rat in Charlotte's Web. :)

3. Is there any specific pet that you've wanted but never had? I would love to have a cat, but since the Old Man is VERY allergic to cats, that's not going to happen. So I will have to content myself with our "porch cats," which are the various cats from the neighborhood who come and sit on our porch in the sunlight. The porch is made of brick, so I'm thinking they come to our porch cuz it's nice and warm.

4. Are you allergic to any animals? Not that I know of, and I doubt that I am! As an interesting side note, one of my friends is allergic to cockroaches... how weird is that?!

5. Do you have any 'pet' pet peeves (your pets or others')? My sister's cat, Frazier, who is the one and only cat that I despise, lives to annoy me. From the moment it first saw me, it must have decided that I offended it, because it's been nothing but mean and stupid to me ever since. I also don't like it when peoples' dogs jump up on me, because I have been scratched and knocked down entirely too many times by other peoples' dogs...

No comments: