Monday, May 13, 2002

I'm so proud of myself... I actually accomplished stuff around the house this weekend! We got a new garage door remote, so that we can close the garage from inside the house, and I reprogrammed the old remote and the new one so that they work. Then we got some little solar powered lights to put along the sidewalk in the back of the house, and those seem to be working. And then, for the crowning achievement, we took down the old motion detector light (that always stayed on), and replaced it with one that actually works right. Of course, in the process of that, we blew a fuse, but I was the one who figured that out... after the Old Man couldn't get the garbage disposal to work... :)

Now on to all of the other projects that need to be done. It's kinda sad that we've lived in our house for more than a year now, and are just finally getting around to fixing some of the things that have needed fixing for the entire time. I guess that's what weekends are actually supposed to be used for... :)

In other news, I can't wait until this stupid rain stops. It's been going on and off for the past few weeks, and it looks like, with the exception of tomorrow, that it's going to continue for the foreseeable future. This is not kewl, especially since my sister Sarah's wedding is Saturday, and the reception is outside. Mud volleyball, anyone? :)

No comments: