Friday, May 10, 2002

Looks like no Friday Five again this week. *sigh*. I might just have to start making my own or something! :)

I spent a good chunk of last night up on the 2nd floor of my house, digging through my old journals, mostly from when I was in high school and undergrad. I actually went up there in search of a poem that my sister Sarah wrote when she was younger, which I was pretty sure I had written down somewhere. See, Sarah is getting married in eight days, and she has already told her loving brother and sisters that we are not allowed to embarrass her at the reception with certain stories that we like to tell about her. Well, me being inventive and crafty, I thought I'd come up with something else that she probably doesn't even remember. Hehehe... >:) It's not that it was a bad poem, from what I can remember of it, it was just very much something that a child would write, as opposed to something that the oh-so-adult Sarah of today would write. I actually thought it would be cute and sweet to find it and read it at the reception.

The problem is that I couldn't find the poem. If I actually wrote it down, it's not in one of my journals, at least not in any of them that I can find. But, at the same time, I had a rather interesting hour or so of rereading the stuff I wrote in my teenage years. Wow... it's hard to believe that I was ever that young, or that goofy. Well, no, it's not actually all that hard to believe, but it was still kinda funny. Kinda bittersweet, though, as I read about some of the people I used to be friends with, who I never see or talk to anymore. There's one in particular that I'd really like to try to track down, but I'm not sure if I should or not. I imagine that he would be easy enough to find, but I don't really know that we would have anything in common anymore. *sigh*

Well, at any rate, I don't have any "End of the Work Week Wisdom" at the moment. Maybe I'll think of something later! :)

No comments: