Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Let's try this again, shall we? "Why the Carbondale mall sucks," by the ScaryWhiteGirl... :)

When I first found out that the mall was getting a Hot Topic, I was all excited. I had actually never been to a Hot Topic at this point, but I had heard about them. Some of my friends would show me stuff they got from there, and talk about how they hated having to go to Paducah to go to Hot Topic. So I was very happy that we were getting one! Until I went in, and saw the prices...

I don't like spending money on clothes... I'm perfectly content to get hand-me-downs from my sisters, because they LIKE spending money on clothes... and if that fails, I don't mind shopping at Good Will, especially for game clothes... so when I see a cute little skirt at Hot Topic for $38, I'm not going to buy it... and when it goes to the 50% off rack, and is only $17, I'm still not likely to buy it... I have broken that rule on occasion, to get my black and purple skirt, and also my glow-in-the-dark skeleton shirt, but that happens fairly rarely (and I waited till both of those were 50% off... :) )

The one thing that Hot Topic does have going for it, however, is that they sell good goth compilation CDs, usually for about $6. So I can live with that... I just won't buy their normal CDs, cuz, again, I don't know why I would want to spend $17+ on a CD... I like used CD stores so much better... :)

So anyway, we noticed last night that Afterthoughts and Kay-Bee Toys were both completely closed (I knew Kay-Bee was closing, and Gabe said he noticed that Afterthoughts was closing a while ago)... and the mall seems to be springing up more and more trendy clothes stores... and they're sooooo bright... when we were walking past Old Navy, I said "I think the lights in there are burning my skin"...

So we left... and went to Wal-Mart, where they didn't have the Baz Luhrman (sp?) box set that I was going to buy (with Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet, and Strictly Ballroom)... :( So instead, I bought Gladiator on DVD, and Pump Up the Volume on VHS... cuz it was only $4.50... :)

Anyways, that's all... and covers the basic gist of my earlier post... though not nearly as eloquent as I made it sound the first time!

No comments: