Monday, February 10, 2003

Well, as best as I can figure, the song I was talking about was "Spectators," which is probably my favorite off of the new CD we got... I think "Carnival" is the other one with the female vocals... I'll have to check tonight... :)

We watched "Pump Up the Volume" last night, which was a lot of fun... it was kinda funny to hear some of the music in it, as it was made in 1990... :)

And, the Monday Mission!

1. In the states, every citizen is expected to perform their civic duty and serve on a jury at some point. This week, I am on jury duty. Have you ever had to serve on a jury? I got called for jury duty a couple of years ago, went to the courthouse for all of 2 hours, and that was it. No cases that week. :)

2. If you were to ever serve on a jury, would you be able to give someone the death penalty? I probably would, but I'd have to be in that situation to be sure.

3. One thing that concerns me about jury duty is what my life would be like if I had to convict someone. I'd always be worried about some sort of retaliation from the convict, or their family. Has fear of negative consequences ever kept you from reporting a crime or voicing your opinion? Voicing my opinion, sure... but I've never seen any crimes that I needed to decide on reporting or not reporting...

4. When it comes to convictions, I've never even been convicted of speeding (accued yes, but heh, never convicted). Have you ever been accused of or convicted for breaking any laws? What's the real story there? Well, I got my speeding ticket, and didn't contest it, so I guess I've been convicted of that... of course, I was speeding, as I always did when driving to E-ville... this time, it was a race with the boys... :)

5. It looks like I will have a lot of time on my hands this week in the jury pool. I may get called, I may not. If not, I go back tomorrow. Rinse, wash, repeat. How would you pass the time if you had to sit and wait around from 8am-5pm for 5 days? READ! Read lots! :) Unless they'd let me have my laptop there (and plugged in), and then I'd probably play games... :)

6. One thing I do like about this "civic duty" is that it will be at the downtown courthouse. I LOVE downtown. There is just so much life there. What part of your town is your favorite to visit? Why? What makes it so special?There really isn't much to C-dale, so there isn't much to love. But I do like where I live. Lots of restaurants within walking distance, plus all 3 of the gaming / comic stores within a reasonable walk... and campus is very nearby as well, which is terribly convenient when you work there! :)

7. I'm not that outgoing around strangers, so I doubt I will be meeting many new people this week. Do you have any problems striking up a conversation with someone you don't know? Have chance encounters with strangers ever led to interesting new relationships or opportunities? If some random person talks to me, I might talk to them, but I won't initiate it either, in most situations... gaming is another situation altogether, as I usually know I have something in common with that person...

::..::

In other news, I suppose it's possible that at any moment, I will be inundated with water from above... there are workers banging around up there, I can hear water flowing somewhere, and, oh yeah, the office was flooded from above on Saturday... it's a big old mess, although it barely touched my actual office... so w00t for that, at least... :)


No comments: