Thursday, December 22, 2005

Craft goals for next year:

1) I want to finish my TMBG quilt. It shouldn't take too long to do, and perhaps I will work on this next week, when I'm off work all week. When it's done, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it... I may actually try to sell it on eBay or something, because I honestly don't need another blanket, and there are several people I'd like to gift with it... but that's the problem... it's only one quilt, and there are SEVERAL people... :(

Also, if the making a quilt out of old T-shirts and selling it on eBay goes well... then I might have a new side line of work... :)

2) I want to work on my overall sewing skills. I'm thinking seriously about buying myself a new sewing machine after Christmas, and may even go with a serger... I'd like to be able to work with patterns, and there are a lot of little things that I want to sew, but between where my fabric is located, and the noise of my sewing machine, I don't drag it out all that often. If we really do make the craft area in Cindy and Thor's basement, though, it'll be easier... even if I will have to go over there to sew... :)

3) I need to work on whittling down my yarn stash. This means making things. This means coming up with things to make. I have a few projects in mind...
a) arm warmers. These are easy, fun, and practical. I need purple ones. Other people will likely need other colors. :)
b) purses. I've got a new idea on how to attach the lining, so I need to work on some purses to line. :)
c) large crocheted hearts? This is an experimental idea, obviously for the Valentine's Day craft fair. We'll see how that goes. :)

4) I think I want to try to get into marbelizing paper. This is another project probably best left for when we have the craft area done, but it seems kind of appealing. And as Cindy said when I brought it up, if I marbelize card stock, I may be able to market that to scrapbookers... and even though I think scrapbooking is of the devil (not in a good way), it is a big market... :)

I think that's all for the continuing and new projects for the coming year. Now, we'll see if I actually do this, or if I continue to slack. But I do at least have a few goals. :)
.

No comments: