Monday, February 20, 2006

Good god I watched a lot of movies over the past week. Except that I watched all of them on Saturday and Sunday, so that's not so much during the past week, but rather over the weekend. :)

"The Neverending Story" - Just another one of those movies from my childhood that I had to get again. The best part is that though there are cheezy bits, it's generally held up well to the passage of time. I still like it lots. Though I was wrong. The Childlike Empress is not Thora Birch. Then again, she was probably like 2 years old when that movie came out, so that does make some sense. :)

"The Neverending Story 2" - On the other hand, this movie is crap. But I found this and the above on the same disc for $10, and as I suspect I would have paid at least that much for just the first one, I went ahead and bought the 2-movie disc. This one was like they knew the first one was good, and they tried to do the same stuff. But they failed. And they couldn't even get the same people for Bastian and his dad for the 2nd movie... that sucked...

"The Dukes of Hazzard" - I had been alternately wanting to see this and thinking it was a really bad idea, but J had borrowed it from someone, and out of the movies he had borrowed, it was the one that Jenna and I both wanted to watch, so we did. It was surprisingly good, though it's not the TV show, nor the cartoon. I still don't really like Jessica Simpson, or the ca-caw boy, or Johnny Knoxville. But it was okay anyway. :)

"Red Eye" - Another one that I sorta wanted to see, and sorta didn't. It was worth watching, I'd have to say. Cillian Murphy is always cute. :)

"Neverwhere" - Still waiting on them to make this into a Hollywood movie (and probably ruin it, but that's neither here nor there). In the meantime, I have to content myself with my dubbed VHS copy. C'est la vie! :)

In other movie news, I bought "Mirrormask" on Wednesday night, but I'm waiting to watch that on Tuesday with J, because he wants to see it too. I'm such a nice person. :)
.

No comments: