Monday, August 20, 2007

First off, I'm not sure I like these new cake Oreo things, whatever the heck they're called. We kept seeing commercials for them, so we decided that we needed to try them. I am not impressed. Give me my Little Debbie Fudge Rounds instead. :)

In gaming news, I'd say right now that I'm 2 for 3. Scion on Friday was fabulous as always. Changeling was also fun. Vampire, I didn't have as much fun with, oddly enough.

I suspect that the first part of the problem was running around like a crazy person before the game, trying to change my clothes in the car, and then getting a phone call from Jerome that I couldn't take, because I was 4 floors underground. On top of that, I forgot to eat dinner, so I was a bit hungry. And then I was feeling like I was going to pass out or throw up, followed by feeling like I was freezing. So all in all, I wasn't in the greatest shape for an outdoor game. Oh, and there was no where to sit, other than the ground. :(

Also, the game itself seems a bit insular, a lot like the first OWBN game I ever went do. Jerome was whisked away by his fellow Malkavians within moments of getting in game (and he had fun with them), but it took me a good half hour before I found any Toreador to approach. One of the older Toreador then pawned me off on another brand new Toreador, and we had fun chatting, but I really didn't feel like I was doing much. I think the big size of the game really contributes to that--in a smaller game, there are so few people and so much to do that everyone can find something to do. In a big game, a few people take care of stuff, and leave everyone else to socialize... which they then do in small groups that don't welcome newcomers. Argh.

At any rate, next time, I'm going to bring chairs and wear more clothes. The chairs may have the unintended effect of rooting me to one conversation, but perhaps I can put them in a good spot. :) Oh, and I gotta remember to eat. :) (And maybe bring my iPod, just in case I really can't find anyone to talk to...)
.

No comments: