Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I've been tagged?

Dancing Mooney has tagged me in some silly thing where I now am supposed to post 6 things about myself, and then tag 6 more people. I think I'll skip the tagging more people part, since I'm not sure that I have 6 regular readers right now, let along 6 regular readers who have their own blogs... :)

Sooooo...

1) I didn't ride in a plane until I was almost 20 years old. During Spring Break in my junior year of college, I flew to Arizona to visit my best friend, who had started college there the previous fall.
2) Until I was 23, I had only lived in one state, Missouri. I moved to Illinois when I was 23, and stayed there until this year, when I moved to Washington. My other siblings all live within a 6 hour drive of where we grew up, but I live a several days drive away from the nearest one of them!
3) Had it not been for German, I would probably have a Ph.D. by now. My Ph.D. program required intermediate level knowledge of two foreign languages. I had French covered from my undergrad days, but needed to learn German for the Ph.D. I just couldn't make myself get through the classes nor teach myself enough German to pass the exam, so I eventually gave up on it.
4) When I was little, I was ambidextrous. When it came time for me to go to kindergarten, the teachers told me that I had to pick a hand, and subtly nudged me towards becoming right handed.
5) Speaking of kindergarten, I started school before I was even 4 1/2. I could read well at 3, and my parents chose to have me tested to see if I could start school early. I passed with flying colors, and they allowed me to start school in September, when I wouldn't turn 5 until late March!
6) I have never had a broken bone. Or chicken pox. (Which is technically two separate things, but whatever. :) )

++++

In other news, slowly but surely, I plan to go back and tag my old posts. Of course, I have over 1,000 posts in this blog, so it may take a while... I've only got about 60 of them tagged so far. :)

No comments: