Monday, April 21, 2008

Trip recap and random

The Olympic Mountains


So that covers the short version of my trip. Power lines and snow. :) The former were all over the place outside of my hotel room, and the latter started on the mountains and ended up coming out of the sky. Weird frickin' weather.

I was in Port Angeles for work for the better part of last week. Lots of work, but lots of fun too, including being upgraded to what amounted to a one bedroom apartment at the hotel. Especially since it was a one bedroom apartment that WASN'T full of my stuff. :) Lots of good food as well. The weather left a bit to be desired, but there were some good moments.

Came home on Friday in a mix of snow, clear, rain, and I think hail or sleet. It was actually sunny when I met up with Jerome and Megan at my office, and we headed out to go home. By the time we were done with dinner, however, it was more sleet, and we went home instead of to Apocalyptica. I was a bit bummed about that, but being in a warm, dry apartment seemed like a better idea than standing in the cold rain waiting for buses.

Saturday, we ended up going to the Sci-Fi Museum and EMP, taking a LONG walk to the Aquarium, and then wandering Pike Place Market before dinner. I wish I would have brought my camera to get pictures of the sea otters, but Megan took plenty. Now I just have to make her send them to me. :)

Sunday started out with decent weather, but by the time I was driving home from taking Jerome to work, there was hail. I think the sun was out later in the day, but am not sure as I stayed inside after that. :)

So random:
1) Me: "The level of insanity increases exponentially depending on how many Vogels are involved."
2) Cupcakes should not be eaten with forks. That's the whole point of a cupcake--the lack of forks needed. (However, if you put said cupcake in the microwave, the bottom gets mushy and cupcakes are a bit top heavy, resulting in cupcake collapse.)

My plans for the week are somewhat ephemeral at the moment. I should be getting another freelancing project soon. In the meantime, however, it's mad production mode for my upcoming craft shows. Oh, and coming up with something to run for Exalted on Saturday. Yeah, I think I triple booked this week.

No comments: