Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Whee!

Back in the office this week, though only four days of work this week. Gotta love holidays, especially when there hasn't been one since New Years Day. I think that January through May is often the worst part of the year, simply due to lack of days off. Now that we've hit Memorial Day, there's a day off every other month, and then November, December, and January each have a day off. :)

So yesterday, Rosalie mentioned Google Reader to me, and I had to admit I had never heard of it. Shortly after I got home, however, I tracked it down and got mine set up. Brilliant. Amazingly brilliant. I've added maybe half of the blogs on my sidebar to it, and it makes my life SO much easier in terms of seeing when people have posted something new. This is particularly useful for the blogs in my sidebar, as many of them only get updated once in a blue moon. :) So with just a couple of clicks, I can get a list of which ones have new posts, see their new posts, and be done with it. Definite time saver!

I'm sure there are plenty of readers going "well, yeah, that's what it's for." I'm a bit behind the curve on this one. :)

+++++

In other random news, we're still tossing around the idea of going to see The Birthday Massacre and MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence). I'm a little leery of this because a) I only marginally like MSI, and b) I don't like MSI's fans, generally speaking. So we've toyed with just going to see The Birthday Massacre, but that doesn't solve issue B. We will have to think about it some more, I suppose.

2 comments:

' said...

Google Reader? You mean I don't have to keep returning to my blog to click the next on my list? I'm so there! Thanks Dawn (or Rosalie).

Dawn said...

Yes, it is SO awesome. :) It means that I don't have to click on all of the links to check what's new. AND it remembers for me if I read a post already. AWESOME! :)