Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tea time!

Since I've been waking up with a slightly scratchy throat recently, I've been drinking a whole lot of tea lately. Though I'm still loving my little green tins of tea from Adagio, I've been branching out some for variety.

I should point out that I'm only mentioning caffeine free teas, since I don't do caffeine at all. I also probably should point out that I don't put ANYTHING into my teas--no sugar, no milk, NOTHING. I have always done that. Putting stuff it tea just makes it taste like there's stuff in there. :)

Stash Lemon Ginger Tea - Seriously wonderful for a sore throat. Someone had tossed it into the free tea basket at work, and I loved it enough to buy a box for at home. (I also found a signature blend version on Adagio that I'm going to try the next time I order stuff from there: Ginger Lemon Tea.) I made some for Jeremy last night and I don't think he was as thrilled by it as I am, but he is not a big tea drinker. But for me, at least, it works well to soothe my throat (lemon and ginger are both good for that), it smells wonderful, and it tastes good too!

Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Herbal Tea - This tastes like Big Red gum in a cup of tea. It's really good hot, but once it starts cooling off, it's not as tasty, as it starts tasting a bit like there's too much sugar added. It's surprisingly sweet, which is, oddly, just what I wanted this morning. :)

I'm going to try my hand at making my own signature blends on Adagio in the near future. I sadly discovered today that the "flavored" teas, which sounded awesome, are flavored black tea. So none of that in my blends. :( But I can have fun mixing up the rooibos, the honeybush, and the herbal teas. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dawn, I too am a huge tea afficianado (ahem, snob), and I'd like to give you a couple more local complanies to try...

One is Tiger Mountain Tea. He used to have a store in Issaquah, but now sells online at www.tigermtteaco.com -- lots of good flavored black, chai, fun pots and all sorts of stuff.

My favorite, though, is Pacific Mist Tea, out of Renton. She goes to some of the street fairs, and is wonderful. Lots of great organics, green teas, single estate blacks, peppermint to die for... her website is www.pacificmisttea.com.

Enjoy!

Trina