Tuesday, February 07, 2012

New in the shop: Coffee Mug Cozies!

While lounging around watching the Lord of the Rings movies, I wanted a crochet project that would not require me to work on the pattern as I went. I needed something that I could work on without thinking too hard. So I decided that it was time to launch the coffee mug cozies!

The coffee mug cozies are similar to the coffee cozies I already made, except that they can be used on a mug that has a handle. There's a button on one end and a loop on the other. They still wouldn't work on a mug that has two handles, but since I haven't seen a lot of those, I think this is a versatile enough design. You can also use them on a disposable coffee cup from the coffee shop.

I'm making these in two different types of yarn. The acrylic ones are great if, like me, you work in an office that likes to make your hot beverage cold before you've really had a chance to enjoy it. They will help retain the heat of the liquid in your cup. The cotton ones (which I haven't listed any of yet) will insulate as well, but they're also absorbent. So if you slosh liquid out of the mug, the cotton coffee mug cozy will hopefully catch some of it! Perfect if you're a little messy. Now, I need to figure out how to combine the two so that I can have an all in one coffee mug cozy... :)

No comments: