Friday, September 13, 2002

Friday Five!

1. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Why? Hmmm... well, I think I'd have to go with History, seeing as that's what I ended up majoring in. I didn't like it as a school subject all that much as a kid, though I always liked reading biographies and such. When I was in high school, I realized I could do really well with memorizing dates and names and such, so I started doing REALLY well on my History tests... add that to the fact that I can write fairly well, and I ended up pretty good at it! :)

2. Who was your favorite teacher? Why? In high school, it was Mrs. Schuey. She was our English teacher for three years, and she was the sponsor of the gaming club... my first DM ever... :) In college, had to be Adam Davis. Another English teacher (no wonder I almost got a 2nd major in English!), and LOTS of fun... the night our Beowulf class went out drinking was an absolute riot! :)

3. What is your favorite memory of school? Ummm... the night our Beowulf class went out drinking is a good one... other than that... can't really think of any particularly stand-out moments.

4. What was your favorite recess game? Ugh... I hated playing games at recess... four square was okay, but only cuz the ball wasn't necessarily hurtling towards you at an ungodly speed. But I was more inclined to make up my own games that were more like make-believe type stuff...

What did you hate most about school? Probably having to get up early in the morning to go... though now, that isn't such a big deal... I'm so used to getting up early, that I don't even think twice about it. I'm so bad, I even get up early on the weekends! For no good reason! :)

::..::

There have been many candidates for the End of the Work Week Wisdom this week. Most have been rejected because they were inside jokes, that very few people outside would understand... so we'll go with something that's been tacked up on the side of my filing cabinet at work for ages...

"Always look both ways before you stop traffic."
--Something Megan clipped from a magazine ad

::..::

Aside from all that, I am absolutely LOVING the weather right now... it's nice and cool out in the mornings and evenings, and doesn't get too hot during the day, either. So I'm finally able to wear my jeans and long sleeved shirts... and soon, my sweaters!!!! :)

No comments: