Monday, October 07, 2002

Monday Mission!

1. I just got back from a family reunion. It was ok, but I find those gatherings a little boring. Does your family ever have any reunions or annual get-togethers? Do you enjoy them? I haven't been to a family reunion (of my own family) in ages... though Megan told me that my dad's side has them every year... dunno why no one tells me these things! I went to a friend's family reunion a couple of summers ago, but that was just to see when he was leaving, since we were staying at his apartment... :)

2. A gal I work with told me that when her husband's drivers licsence comes up for renewal, she swipes it. She says he won't ever pose for pictures and that's the only way she can get a photo of him. Is that not creepy? Are you a picture person? Do you like taking photos, and having yours taken? I like taking pictures, though I hardly get to do it... I don't mind having my picture taken, as long as I'm given a chance to prepare... there are entirely TOO many pictures of me with a "huh?" look on my face, as someone calls my name and I look up into a flash...

3. Time for show and tell: post a recent photo of yourself! Look to the left... that's the most recent one that's been developed! :)

4. I have a cousin I always knew as Jay. As he got into college, he began to go by Greg. Turns out is name was Greg, Junior. Jay was short for Junior! Can't blame him for changing it. Did you ever have a nick-name growing up? How did it come about? Did you ever give anyone a nickname that stuck? I've had a lot of dumb nicknames... my grandpa either called me Squirt or Princess... people have always called me Dawnie-Poo... now everyone either calls me ScaryWhiteGirl or LARP Marm...
As for giving nicknames, I was there for the granting of the nickname of ButtMagic to TheSteve, though it was really a small child that gave him that nickname... :)

5. Since I don't have cable, a friend promised to send me a few episodes of "Trading Spaces," the show where folks redecorate someone else's home (and I'm still waaaaiiiting on that tape). But that got me to thinking about how I'd change my own house if I were able. And the room I'd do first would be the bathroom. If you could design the bathroom of your dreams, what would it be like? Spare no expense! Oooh, getting to design the bathroom of my dreams? Kewl! :) First off, it would have to be HUGE... like way bigger than any bathroom has the right to be... second off, it needs a jacuzzi... definitely... :) Ummm... that's all, really... :)

6. I've been trying to catch up on the early seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in re-runs, though I've been told to buy the DVDs. But I think I'd rather borrow them if I could. But there are a few television shows I'd like to own on DVD (like "The Flash" and "Max Headroom"). What shows (if any) do you own in a video collection? What TV shows would you like to see collected on DVD or video? Don't have any shows on video or DVD (except for a tape of assorted Space Ghost episodes)... I don't really want any of my favorite shows to be collected on DVD or video, cuz then I'd want to buy them, and there are far more useful things I could do with my money...

7. I recently watched "Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang" again, first time since I was little. It held up pretty well, unlike some movies that are better in your memory than they are when you see them again (like "E.T." good movie, but for me, better as a memory). Do you have any favorite movies from your childhood? Do you think you would still enjoy them if you watched them today? One movie that I liked when I was younger (though not exactly a kid) was License to Drive... I dunno how I'd like it now... :) And I can't really remember watching a lot of movies when I was a kid... most of the ones I can recall, I still watch (like the Star Wars trilogy and such)...

BONUS: Don't you know you're sleeping in a spotlight? Nope, it's a monkey light...

No comments: