Friday, November 01, 2002

First with the Friday Five!

1. Were you raised in a particular religious faith? I was raised Catholic, and we were the type of Catholics who went to church every Sunday, and on all of the holy days... I also went to Catholic school until I got out of high school... in my first grade school, that meant we went to the chapel to do the rosary every morning in Lent, and in my second grade school, that meant Mass twice during each school week... in high school it was a bit more laid back...

2. Do you still practice that faith? Why or why not? Nope, sure don't. When I went away to college, I kept going to Mass for all of about a month... then I stopped, because I didn't have to. It used to be that when I would go back home, to visit my parents, they would still make me go to Mass... then they stopped that too... so if I went on Christmas and Easter, I was doing good... now I don't go at all. Organized religion really isn't my thing...

3. What do you think happens after death? I think that reincarnation is a very interesting possibility, and I'm more inclined to go with that than any of the other options I've heard.

4. What is your favorite religious ritual (participating in or just observing)? As much as I hated being dragged to church while I was in college, one of the priests at the second grade school I went to (where my sisters still were) started this thing around Christmas called "liturgical movement"... it was basically a bunch of the kids from the grade school with candles, sorta dancing to Mannheim Steamroller... it was kewl the first time I saw it, but it never changed, and got kinda old after a while... it wasn't exactly a religious ritual, but it was neat...

5. Do you believe people are basically good? Most of them, yeah...

::..::

End of the Work Week Wisdom:

"I've apparently been going to the wrong bars!"
--Thor, after the wet T-shirt contest at Traz

::..::

So since Copper Dragon was having bluegrass bands, we tried to go to Mugsy's instead... but for claiming to have a "dance party," there was an awful lot of sitting going on in there... so we went to Pinch instead, which Nick claimed was "packed"... well, it wasn't, there was no dancing, and there was much bad music... but we had a table, and we got free T-shirts cuz we had costumes... w00t! :)

From there we ended up going to Traz (or whatever it's called now), and were a little bit disappointed at first, but it filled up eventually... even went and danced for a little bit... :) And poor Little Dave... I don't even think that telling the gay boys "I'm straight" (which he is) helped much... ah well...

So yeah, got home at like 12:30 (way past my bedtime!), and here I am now... only a half day today, then shopping in C-dale and Marion, cuz we decided that Paducah is too far away for just one store, and we're on a bit of a schedule... Palla tonight HAS to start as close to 7 p.m. as we can, or we'll be wrapping up outside... and it's WAY too cold for that!

No comments: