Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Yay, I can post now! Apparently Blogger was having a template problem this morning, so it wasn't possible to publish... *grumble*... I really wish I had another option, but MT requires CGI, and I don't wanna have to pay extra for my site for that... :(

Anyways, I've been indexing all morning, or the majority of it... took a little break from that to go visit my advisor, so that I could register for classes for next semester... I'm actually taking a class next semester, believe it or not. American Environmental History... should be interesting...

So I've been running around, doing all of this enrollment stuff, and when I got back from enrolling today, I brought up my transcript on the computer, and looked at it... and discovered that after the spring semester, I will only need 1 more credit hour of coursework in order to complete the 24 hours I need for the degree... all of a sudden, this looks doable! Granted, I still have to get through the ungodly German requirement (self-inflicted, I suppose, as I'm the one who was interested in Germans in the first place), and I still need 6 more hours of "Third World" history... then the exams, and then the dissertation... but it really does look doable, if I can get through the German...

I go through cycles like this all the time though... first I decide that I really don't need my Ph.D., because I've already got a job that I like, and it doesn't require a Ph.D.... and that I really don't want to go through the trouble of the German requirement and the dissertation... but then I'll look at what I need to get done to get there, and it doesn't seem so bad... and if I get through it all, I can make people call me Dr. Dawn... :) But it's really hard for me to motivate myself to do something that I don't NEED to do... and something which I know will eat up a lot of my free time...

*sigh*... no, I'm not really looking for a solution here... just rambling aimlessly, in the hopes that I might figure something out... in the end, I basically am going to have to decide if I want to buckle down and do this, or just keep goofing off... and goofing off is so much more fun... :)

No comments: