Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Well, we went for a while without hitting Blockbuster... but we had nothing better to do last night, so off to find movies to rent. We came home with Jerry Maguire, The Addiction, and Reality Bites.

So we watched Jerry Maguire last night, which I had never seen. I rather liked it. For some reason, the preview had given me the impression that it would be Tom Cruise, acting cocky, and being on top of the world. But it's very much NOT like that... which is, I think, the reason I enjoyed it so much! :)

I'll say more about the other movies when we watch them, but I do have this to say about The Addiction... I have seen all but the last 15 minutes of this movie, though I didn't miss those 15 minutes by my own choice... the last time I rented it, way back in the land of K-hell (I mean Kirksville), the tape was messed up, and couldn't play the last 15 minutes. Ever since then, I've always had a hard time finding this movie. In fact, I think this was the first time since we started going to Blockbuster regularly that it was on the shelf... very. good. movie. At least what I've seen of it... :)

Oh, in case you were wondering, it's a vampire movie... it's in black and white... it's got Lili Taylor and Christopher Walken in it... (the former is the main character, the latter is barely in it... but Christopher Walken ROCKS...)... well worth renting! :)

Okay, I've got work to do now...

No comments: