Monday, February 17, 2003

And the Monday Mission is ready! :)

1. For me, breakfast usually consists of a bagel and cream cheese. And I wait until about 10AM to eat it, mostly to avoid eating a mid-morning snack. What do you like to eat for breakfast? Do you even eat breakfast?
- French toast sticks, just about every morning. On the weekends, it's more likely to be cereal or toast, but during the week, it has to be french toast sticks... otherwise, I have to eat something before lunch... :)

2. Back in 1990, I worked at a radio station in the Promotions Department. Our office was directly below the DJ booth. One day there was this thundering bass booming from upstairs. It was just a huge booming sound, with an amazing beat. My manager and I bolted out of the office and up the stairs to the production room. When we opened the door I was smacked in the body by a wall of sound. What I heard reminded me of "Super Freak" but the bass was thumping like I'd never heard before. Then the vocals began, it was a "rap" I would never forget: "My, my, my music hits me so hard, makes me say 'Oh, My Lord, thank you for blessin' me, with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet.'" The song was MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" and it blew my mind. What was the song that "blew your mind" and is etched in your brain forever? Recall the moment and why it remains in your mind.
- It's really hard for me to pick just one song, because I love music so much... but as for some songs that I've heard in the recent past, and absolutely fallen in love with the bands responsible... I have to thank Jim C. for both... the first was VAST, which he played for me while we drove around town one afternoon. He played "Touched" then, and "Pretty When You Cry" later... both were kewl, and now I anxiously await their next CD... the other was Apocalyptica, and I believe the song was "One"... when Pat, who plays stand up bass and other stringed instruments, started absolutely freaking out about how amazing these cello players were... I had liked the music before that, but when someone who I really respect as a musician freaks out about how good a song is, then I know it's even better than I thought! :)

3. Do you like to gamble? Have you ever won (or lost) big?
- Nope, though the occasional poker game during LARP is always fun... mainly cuz we play for Josh's beads, not money... and I was winning by a lot in the last game I played in... :)

4. Some people find comfort for their troubled mind in food. Others find it in music or books. What do you turn to for comfort when you are troubled or worried?
- If we're talking strictly objects (i.e. not people), then music... but otherwise, Gabe.

5. When was the last time you felt apathetic? What was it about?
- Heh... I can be the queen of apathy, and the most hyper person around, sometimes at the same time... :) Apathy defines our generation... and I really don't care enough to decide if that's a good or bad thing... ;)

6. I just read that Google bought Pyra Labs (Blogger.com). Although Blogging was going "mainstream" before this, it most certainly will now have greater exposure, and one assumes, bring us even more Bloggers. Is this a good thing?
- As long as it doesn't slow down the speed of Blogger's servers, then yeah, it's great... I would love to see a lot of my friends that don't blog get their own blogs... a lot of my friends already do (well, LJs, but same difference), but there are others that should join in... :)

7. What did you do with all your freetime before you blogged?
- I guess I surfed the internet a lot more for random stuff, and also wrote more E-mails in response to the "how are you doing" type E-mails from friends. Now that I have my blog, they can just read on here how I'm doing... :)

BONUS: Should I stay or should I go now?
- You can go, as long as I can go home... :)

No comments: