Monday, August 22, 2005

Only watched a couple of movies this weekend, which, oddly enough, were related. This is a direct result of J buying movies for himself for his b-day. :)

"Requiem for a Dream" - I had been told this was a super depressing movie, and it was, by and large. But I definitely liked it, despite the depressing-ness, and weirdness, and other things that I don't think I quite understood. I just don't know much about drug addiction... :)

"Pi" - This one, on the other hand, just messed with my head. I think I didn't quite get it, and it was way too action-y for a black and white movie. Action movies NEED to be in color. I don't know why, they just do. :)

Interestingly enough, the actor who played the main character in Pi was a lesser character in Requiem for a Dream, as was the actor who played the secondary character in Pi. Apparently this director likes them. :) No wonder they looked familiar, too... :)
.

No comments: