Monday, August 01, 2005

Watched a whole crapload of movies this past week. :)

"Dodgeball" - Okay, I had been avoiding this one since about Christmas. J would mention it (or Anchorman, or something similar), and I'd come up with something different to watch. :) But as it turns out, I shouldn't have avoided it. It was damn funny. :) Jesi is the devil for making us watch it all the way through the end credits, but we love her anyway. :)

"Sky High" - This movie rocked! When I first saw a preview for it, I thought it would be decent, but it far surpassed my initial expectations. And I must have the soundtrack. That many covers of that many 80s songs is simply the bomb. :)

"The 13th Warrior" - Hadn't seen this in ages, but got to watch part of it on Saturday morning, and almost all of it on Sunday afternoon. I need to pick up my own copy of it at some point, cuz I really do like it. Just close enough to Beowulf to make me not hate it... :)

"Batman" - Another movie that I hadn't seen in ages, which makes wonderful background noise when you're getting a million other things done. :)

"The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" - Okay. First thing to keep in mind, by the same person who did The Royal Tennenbaums. Yeah, that explains most of it. This movie is utterly surreal and bizarre, and I liked it lots. :) Bill Murray is weird, but it's in a good way. And now, I need to find some of the stuff that was on the soundtrack, because I'm pretty sure one of the songs was a cover of an EMF song, and that's just bizarre... :)

::..::

In other news, sleep is my friend.
.

No comments: