Thursday, May 25, 2006

Yeah, I have no idea why I forgot to post yesterday. Probably was just ready to go home pretty much all day, and kept thinking about that instead. Of course, that doesn't entirely make sense, because I've been ready to go home all day today as well. :)

The office is insanely boring when you're the only one in it. And I mean that quite literally. Everyone else is out of the office. Someone stopped by to drop off a dissertation for my boss, and I am so starved for human interaction that I talked to him for as long as I could without seeming odd. As much as I enjoy my hermit time, I can only take it in small doses. An entire day's worth is sucky.

Ah well, at least I'm going to do stuff tonight. My Marion kids, a.k.a. Jerome and Ricky, are graduating tonight, so I'm going to see them do that. Thrilling, I know, but I'm hoping sincerely that between them graduating tonight, and Michael graduating tomorrow, I can be done having friends who are still in HS. Cuz really... I graduated 14 years ago... :) Well, I am one of the oldest in our group of friends, and Jerome is the youngest. The age difference between him and the oldest of the group is almost 20 years... which is weird, but whatever. We all like each other anyhow. :)

In case you missed it the other day, check out the Arctic Monkeys. People are saying they're going to be the next big thing. I certainly hope so, because they're different enough from what is usually on the radio that I like them. And I'm hopeful that maybe if someone who is a little different can be successful, it'll bring back a little diversity in music... oh, I would be so happy... :)

Tomorrow will be similarly dead at work, though someone should be coming in for an exam. So that's at least something. :)
.

No comments: