Sunday, June 24, 2007

*sigh* Yes, I'm bad about remembering to update. I will use the fact that I am generally pretty busy as my excuse. :)

Work is going pretty well. I've become the unofficial librarian for the office, which is odd, seeing as I probably know what books are in the office better than anyone else who works there, and I've only been there for a month. (Though I am no longer the newest person there.)

The only downside of work is that it's an 8 hours day with an hour for lunch, which is considerably longer than the amount of time I spent outside of the apartment in Carbondale. Toss in the commute time, and I'm out of the house for about 10 hours a day. By the time I get home, have dinner, and unwind a bit, it's usually approaching 7 p.m. And since I wake up at 6 a.m. during the week, I have been trying to get to bed around 10. This leaves me maybe 3ish hours a day to get stuff done, and I have far more stuff to do than I have time for. The weekends are a bit better, since I don't have to be out of the apartment for a 10 hour stretch, but there are a surprising number of things that are only open Monday-Friday, especially downtown. (Like the Jimmy John's. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

Still writing, sorta, though it's mostly on myLot, which is more of a discussion forum than real writing. Still, I make a little money with that, which is nice. Still selling on Etsy, too, when I have enough time to make stuff to put up. Both of these things are good, as they put money in my PayPal, which is useful for funding our eBay habit... which is mainly finding steampunk stuffs / old military stuffs. :)

Okies, almost time for me to go to bed, and Jerome is watching "End of Days," which is one of the worst movies ever made. I think it is definitely my bedtime!

No comments: