Monday, August 06, 2007

It's the week that never ends... it just goes on and on... okay, I'll stop now. :)

Last Wednesday was the first meetup for the Seattle Etsy folks, which was a blast. Of course, this also meant that I didn't get a whole lot done. So Thursday night was spent getting ready for all of the events over the weekend, as was Friday night.

Saturday was the supply swap at Marlo's house, which was a lot of fun, despite the increasingly warm weather. I took a bunch of fabric, patterns, and other things I couldn't use, and came home with yarn, lots of nifty bits and bobs for steampunk costumes, and a lovely purple bound sketchbook (full size!) for me. I still can't draw, but that doesn't stop me from having a sketchbook. :)

After running home from that, it was time to go to our first Scion game. I still haven't entirely read the mechanics, but I am getting the hang of it pretty quickly. Unfortunately, we got into combat fairly late in the evening, and I botched my "join combat" roll, which meant that I didn't get to do my super kewl manuever that I had thought up. Ah well. Maybe next time. :)

So we got home from that close to midnight, and then I had to be up at 6 a.m. to get ready for the Fremont Market, where some of the Seattle Etsy people were vending. We ended up with 10 of us sharing two booths, which really worked out fairly nicely. Despite the heat and the relative lack of sales, I had a pretty good time chatting with the other sellers and a few customers. I'm still waiting to see if any more sales come out of the event, but I'm hopeful. I know I got my name out there, and we also got Etsy's name out there. So that was good.

Of course, I couldn't veg out when I got home from that, but rather had to work on photographing new items and such, and I didn't get to bed till my usual time. I'm really paying for it today at work, because I'm dragging big time. It doesn't help matters any that our office manager is on vacation, so I'm covering for her as well as doing my own work. It's been a bit hectic today, due to that. But it's calmed down now, so I'm unwinding a bit before heading home... to do more stuff...

I think I will definitely be trying to make time for a nice bath tonight though. *crossing fingers*
.

No comments: