Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Seattle is gray again!

I think this crazy thing they call summer in Seattle may have come to an end. Being punctual, it ended promptly on Labor Day. It wouldn't do to have people not able to wear their white shoes when the weather is still summer-y, after all. :)

We'll see if it stays chillier and gray or if it goes back to the summer weather (meaning 70s-80s, but always with a nice breeze and cooling off substantially at night)...

Had a lovely weekend, though! Jerome got his ears stretched just a wee bit more on Friday night (I'm still holding out for the day that I can get the 6 gauge tunnels in mine!) and then we sat around and watched "Boondock Saints," because we could. :)

Saturday, I made him a kilt, since we had decided that (a) we were done with the Vampire game, (b) would instead be heading to the Werewolf game, and (c) were planning to play Scottish Fianna. :) His kilt is awesome, and he has since decided that it is his favorite thing to wear around the apartment. He would wear it outside, too, if it had pockets. :) The Werewolf game is also awesome, and has every sign of becoming more so as we go on.

Sunday was Robert's party down in Gig Harbor, which was a lot of fun, despite the hour + each way drive. It didn't seem so far away when I stayed in Tacoma and went to his Halloween party a few years ago, but I now understand why people think Tacoma is so damn far away... cuz it IS! It's easily 30 miles from where we live, and then Gig Harbor is another 20-30 miles beyond Tacoma.

Monday, then, was spent mostly recovering from the running around of the previous couple of days. I got caught up on writing my articles for Shop Etsy, and have started working on some more crafts... as if I needed to get more stuff into my Etsy shop... :) Well, I don't, but it's okay, because I'm doing two local craft fairs this fall.

The first is the Seattle Punk Rock Flea Market, which is on September 15th, at 2407 1st Avenue (in Belltown). It runs from 10 a.m. till midnight, and costs $1 for shoppers to get in. But they will be having bands play starting at 6 p.m. Unfortunately, I have to clear out before the bands start, because that's also the night of the next Scion game. Ah well, c'est la vie.

The second is I <3 Indie Holidays, which is on November 24th (Saturday after Thanksgiving). I don't have many of the details on this one yet, as I'm sharing a table with three other ladies from EtsyRain, and one of them took care of all of the registration for our booth. I'll post more details when I have them. :)

Speaking of crafting and such... I'd say now is about a good time to start placing custom orders... sooner is better than later, especially on anything that may take me more than a few hours... :)

No comments: