Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The weirdness of the interwebz...

So in a totally weird twist of fate, someone I haven't spoken to in about 13 years contacted me through MySpace today. I guess it is true that it's where people go to find people they've lost. (And I should point out that it wasn't due to any anger or misunderstanding that we hadn't spoken in that long... we lost touch!)

But still, it's really bizarre, and I keep remembering all of the silly/crazy stuff that we used to do. This is what happens when you are bored teenagers working fast food, and hanging out with your co-workers in your spare time... though now that I think about it, I remember just how many stupid things I did in that time frame. Ah, college life. :)

Interestingly, I'm pretty sure that he was able to recognize me immediately when he saw my profile photo (which is from the same shoot as the one at the top of this page). People say that I still look exactly the same as I did back then. I had to read his message to figure out who he was. :)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That picture is from around the spring of 1995. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catching up with old friends can be fun, and it's always a nice surprise too!
;)

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

Is it that time of year?? I've had two people from my past contact me recently too! What a cute picture...you really haven't changed at ALL in 12 years! Amazing. :)

Dawn said...

I think it is. Getting close to the holidays, people start thinking about friends and family that they haven't seen in a while. I know I always get on the genealogy kick again near the holidays. :)

And yeah, I haven't changed much. It's kinda surprising. I look a tiny bit younger there, but not much. :)