Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cleaning and crafts

Inspired by several of the other EtsyRain folks, I've been slowly but surely cleaning up my crafting areas. I haven't gotten far enough for pictures yet, but I will say that I was actually able to work on ACEOs while SITTING at our alleged dining room table. It is only an alleged dining room table, because from the point when we moved into our apartment, no one has eaten a meal while sitting at this table. It quickly became the landing spot for my collage stuff, and hasn't changed.

But I am getting it organized better, which will hopefully allow me to work on more collage type stuff without trying to balance Jerome's drawing board on my knees while sitting on the couch. I dunno what it is, but I really can't balance that thing nicely no matter how hard I try.

Got a pretty elaborate piece in the works for tonight, though. It's going to be my first large scale collage, too--probably around 8x10 or so, rather than my usual ACEO size. I'm excited. :)

Of course, the next phase after getting the collage table all set up will be getting my shipping table to be decently useful again, and then tackling the yarn monster, and then seeing if anything can be done about the fabric. I think that if I get those areas all under control, then the only messy factor will be that darling artist fiance of mine... but maybe all of my organization will get him to keep his stuff in more manageable piles, at the very least... :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hooray for organizing! It has been going around hasn't it? I started after New Years and now I can't seem to stop. It's quite a distraction from all the other things I should be doing... like my taxes... sigh.
Thanks for the lovely comment on my jaywalking post - was cool to hear from you!