Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yay movies! :)

So our belated Christmas movies arrived yesterday, though Jerome insisted on telling me it was a surprise, even when I guessed correctly.

I say belated Christmas movies because it used to be that every Christmas, I came home with a stack of movies. We all know that summer movies are generally marketed for a DVD release just in time for Christmas anyway, so it always made sense. At any rate, even though I was fairly sure that I wouldn't be getting movies for Christmas this year, I still held off and waited to buy until after the holidays. There was also a hope that there would be an Amazon gift certificate somewhere in our Christmas haul. (There was, though Jerome used it for books instead. We used my Border's gift card to knock the price down a bit on the movies.) :)

So we got Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 28 Weeks Later, Transformers, and Stardust. I watched the last of these last night, and it was still as wonderful and magical as it was in the theater. Jerome watched Transformers as soon as he opened the box, and 28 Weeks Later around the time I went to bed last night. I'm watching Pirates when I get home from work today. :) I also took a bit of time last night to rearrange our movies, so that the stack of new movies (which went back several months) could be added to the collection, which is, of course, in alphabetical order. Cuz I'm OCD like that. :)

One of these days, I need to go on IMDB and look through the movies scheduled to come out this year, so that I can plan my movie viewing schedule. I saw a preview for the Spiderwick Chronicles movie on the Stardust DVD last night, and it looks neat. And the boy from the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (and like 12 other movies, I think) is in it. :)

No comments: