Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"Cooking" with Dawn

So last night, for some reason, I had this crazy craving for Big Mac sauce, a.k.a. Thousand Island dressing. However, as we don't eat a lot of salad, and Jerome hates Thousand Island, I had to improvise. I mixed together approximately equal parts of ketchup and mayonnaise, and then tossed in a bit of pickle relish. Voila, nearly perfect on my first try! And surprisingly good on hot dogs. :)

Now the next one I have to try is the dressing that they put on the salad at the cafe downstairs. I have no idea what it is, but it's a sort of thin, watery, coleslaw-like dressing on regular lettuce, rather than minced up cabbage. Oh, and I think it's sweeter than coleslaw dressing... but I haven't eaten coleslaw in years. I wonder if it's some sort of Asian slaw, as it comes with all of the Asian dishes... however, it also comes with the lasagna...

Sadly, I don't even know where to start on trying to make it. It would probably help if I could identify it better. :)

In other news, the injured fingers from last night now have pirate bandaids, and that makes them feel 10 times better. :)

4 comments:

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

Oh yeah...that's good dressing! The Asian-y flavor in that sort of dressing is usually due to some rice vinegar and or sweet rice wine :) (now, how would I know that?? ROFL)

Dawn said...

Rice vinegar was what I was thinking, definitely, but I just don't know what to add it to yet... :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm... if it's something a little sweeter, try Miracle Whip instead of Mayo???

I dunno hun, but good luck, and kudos for trying!
:D

Dawn said...

Awww, man! That ruins it. :( I hate Miracle Whip. :(