Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ta-da!

The feeling when someone starts cutting off your entire ponytail is an odd one. It almost feels like they're sawing rather than cutting.

However, 12 inches of hair later, voila!

Short hair! :)


My ponytail weighed 3.1 ounces (yay, shipping scale!) and went off in the mail to Locks of Love this morning. I dyed it with temporary cherry red dye after it was cut short, because I've been wanting to dye my hair for a long time, but I hate trying to dye long hair, especially when it's attached to my own head (dyeing Jerome's hair isn't as bad as dyeing my own).

And I am SO happy about...
- washing my hair so much faster
- brushing my hair so much faster
- not having to braid it every morning, because what else can you do with 12 inches of wet hair?
- and that it doesn't make my face look so long!

4 comments:

katy said...

yay, dawn!!! Looks great!

Woven Chains said...

I love it. I'd type one of those fancy hearts, if I could only figure out how!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks fantastic! And I love the color.

Meghan Swails said...

What a sweet thing to do. Locks of Love is a wonderful organization. And it looks cute too!