Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Yes, there are crafts that stump me...

Case in point? Felting soap. From everything I have read, it should be a fairly easy process. However, for some reason, I cannot get it to work properly. I have a few poorly felted bars that I did a few months ago, and they work okay, but not quite how I expected them to. Last night, I tried to felt up a few more bars for Jerome, and I couldn't get it to work at all. I'm not sure if I'm using too much wool, or what the deal may be, but suffice it to say that Jerome's soap is still naked, and I have these strange felted mini-dreads that I'm going to attach to a Decapitated Dollie. :)

I'm also working on a super sekrit project, which I really probably could post about, as I'm 90% sure that the recipient doesn't read this. But if I did post about it, you know he'd come along and read it. :) My only trouble with this so far was discovering that a certain printed fabric I wanted to use pretty much does not exist, and I may have hallucinated a T-shirt. (As for the latter, I really do remember this shirt. But I can't find it anywhere. So I suppose my brain may be merging two actual shirts...)

Ah well. Photos of the sekrit project once it's been presented. :)

(For those wondering, I do know how to spell secret. I just like "sekrit" better. :) )

No comments: