Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hmmm...

What did I even do last night? Oh yeah, watched a bunch of Fraggle Rock and crocheted. I've been more or less brain dead by the time I get home from work in the evenings lately. Been super busy at work, which is actually a wonderful thing for me. :)

Anyways, right now I have some cake that has amazing homemade icing, so that's exciting. :)

And the crochet thus far has not been super exciting, though I did crochet a strawberry last night. I have no pictures of it yet, but it turned out pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. Of course, this is the sort of strawberry that you might want a fork to eat... it's 3 inches tall, easily, and a couple of inches in diameter.

Interestingly, I've noticed that while my yarn stash never seems to shrink, I do eventually reach a point where I'm really limited in what I can do with specific types of yarn. I'm basically down to three colors of cotton yarn, with a bit of three more colors and then scraps of the rest. I'm down to four colors of Homespun, and not enough of any of those to do much with. Plain old worsted weight acrylic I've got coming out of my ears, but no bright yellow with which to create a daffodil (which is my goal for the EtsyRain challenge for the end of March). (Which also reminds me about how bizarre the yarn selection at Jo Ann's can be, but whatever. At least they have fabric. :) )

No comments: