Friday, March 07, 2008

This amuses me!

Because I'm an editor, I love stuff like this: The Typo Eradication Advancement League. You don't know how many times I go into a restaurant, look at a menu, and start spotting typos. Actually, this happens pretty much anywhere I go. It's just totally ingrained in my brain to spot errors. I suspect that I was actually like this before I became an editor, too, which may be what makes me a good editor--my brain is wired to find mistakes. :)

And I don't have End of the Work Week Wisdom for you. But if you read the above blog, I suspect you'll find all sorts of clever little things written there. It is truly a work of art, and I'm adding it to my list of blogs I read. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe people always point out my typos because i am well a computer person i type really fast get it all out like a flowing of data, my professors find my mistakes and take points off, so be it. :) i mean they are doing all the work and for me its just thinking and moving my fingers fast. I got to hand it to people who can do that because i am so intrested in communicating i dont care about mistakes becuase i know there will be 1000000 each nano second. its just the science of error.

Best wishes from chicago and the web!
:)

Anonymous said...

this worries me,
i am forced to orginize a

type(o) source creation consortium

to combat you fixers we must cause problams