Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Argh!

So even though I'm not the most domestic person in the world, I do try. Every once in a while, I'll go all out with cooking dinner. (Okay, every once in a RARE while.) Mostly, this does involve a lot of prepared things that just need to be thrown together, but occasionally it's more elaborate.

Last night, it was supposed to be pot roast and potatoes, in the crock pot. I put it all together before I left for work, and set my little handy-dandy plug in timer, that tells the crock pot when it should turn on and off. Only somehow, it didn't communicate with the crock pot. The timer ran, and it clicked the little switches back to the off position, but the crock pot never turned on. So I came home to a cold hunk of raw meat, which had been sitting out for 10 hours.

Suffice it to say, no pot roast for us. :( But now I don't know if it's the timer, the crock pot, or the outlet that failed me, which puts a crimp in any crock pot related plans that I might have had--at least until I have time to do a test run when I'm home... but who uses their crock pot when they're actually at home?! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that stinks! I picked up a brand new crock pot that I found at a thrift store about two years ago... I still haven't used it. *blush* It might make it's way back to the donation pile... someday. Though, I keep telling myself I should use the silly thing!! hehee... ♥

P.S. I just added a new weekly Wednesday game to my blog, come see when you have the time!
:D