Friday, June 27, 2008

Movie recap: Get Smart

Okay, so I'm not usually one for comedies in the movie theater, because they work just as well at home. However, my options last night were pretty much stuff I've already seen, or a comedy, so I picked the one that I thought would be the funniest of the bunch. I think I chose well. :)

I honestly can't say that I remember the old "Get Smart" TV show, but that's okay. I don't think you need to remember it to enjoy this movie. Mostly, if you like Steve Carell, you will like this movie. If you don't like him, it's probably better that you don't see it. But this movie is great for a lot of laughs, most of which come from Steve Carell just being who he is as a comic actor. :)

I've also discovered that I seem to like movies with Anne Hathaway (I have this strange love for The Devil Wears Prada that is totally unlike me), and of course I have to say that The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) did pretty good with this one. And Terence Stamp is like the ultimate bad guy (and transvestite... and mentor to young outlaws...).

Anyway, Get Smart is plenty funny. I don't remember much that would be inappropriate for kids, though there is some sexual innuendo here and there.

And, sadly, the IMDB page is lacking much in the way of quotes for this movie, and I'm really far too tired to remember any of the good ones. There were many, however. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Last night, the local news came on and reported that the new movie, “Get Smart” took in like 49 million dollars over the weekend. My wife and I looked at each other in disbelief. My question is…..with gas and food prices the way they are today, who the hell has 10 dollars (per ticket) to throw away on the crap Hollywood puts in the Theatres these days!? Two tickets with popcorn and a drink is going to cost you at least 30 dollars. To see…..”Get Smart”?
I m watching Movies Here
http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com still i am Using Download Movies