Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer has arrived in Seattle!

This weekend was downright melty, meaning that I avoided going out pretty much all day yesterday, and slept poorly in the heat. The difficulty of being in a first floor apartment is that we don't like to leave any of our windows open while we're sleeping. Particularly as one of said windows has no SCREEN in it, I think that's probably the best way to go about it.

Saturday, however, was a fun day of helping out with the EtsyRain show in Ballard. Since I got home about 9:45 p.m. the night before, I knew I wasn't going to want to mess with getting all of my stuff ready for a show, so I decided not to have a table for this one. Instead, I helped with the set up and tear down, and sat around crocheting for the rest of the day. The funny thing was when the ladies from the senior center (where the show was held) watched me crochet, and asked if I would be willing to come and teach them to crochet. I said sure, if they will show me how to knit. :)

Someday, I'll learn to knit. I have a ton of people who have offered to teach me, but I've just never been able to block out the time to do it. And while I'm a little nervous about teaching crochet (particularly because I have my own unique method that everyone says is ODD), I think it could be a lot of fun. Of course, there did seem to be some concern amongst the ladies of who had a computer and thus could E-mail me, so we'll see if it pans out or not. :)


In the meantime, here's the latest of the Decapitated Dollies, this one inspired by Serenity. Mainly, however, I needed a good reason to make "brains are in terrible danger" action hair. That's just too much fun. :)

Oh, and in other news? This looks like the first week in a long time where my schedule is not hectic crazy. I've got no trips scheduled, AND I get a 3 day weekend. *happy dance*

2 comments:

Sara said...

I can just imagine a crochet circle of little old ladies all making decapitated dollies ... probably not but very amusing nonetheless!
Hooray for the upcoming 3day - I'm eagerly awaiting it too!

Dawn said...

Hah! That would be incredible! :) But no, I was making hats when they saw me, and that's what they asked about learning to make.