Thursday, July 17, 2008

Whee! :)

So through bizarreness, I ended up with a new-to-me phone and new earbuds last night. Jerome has joined the ranks of the iPhone masses, though luckily he didn't have to wait in line for a bijillion hours for a 3G. :) I will hopefully be joining the iPhone masses in February, when our old cell phone contract is up.

In the meantime, though, I took Jerome's old phone, because it's about 2 years newer than the phone I'd been using. Still getting used to all the weirdness of switching phones, and I think my fingers nearly fell off from moving my contacts from my old phone to this one. :) I still have my old phone for 6 more months, of course, but at this point, it's not worth it to cancel our old contract. So 6 more months of an Illinois number, and then I'll get a new Washington number. w00t! :)

And as for the earbuds, I got a pair of the shiny Apple earbuds, the kind that go into your ear. At first, it reminded me of the sensation of a doctor looking in your ears with that magnifying tool thingie. Then I turned my iPod on, and it was like the music was being beamed straight into my brain. I love it. :) Anything that allows me to ignore inane conversations around me on the bus makes me the happiest girl ever. :)

In other news, we're seeing The Dark Knight at 12:01 tomorrow morning, because we are those freaks. This will actually be the first time I've ever done the 12:01 movie thing, believe it or not. I'm napping when I get home from work, and already told them I will be late tomorrow. :) And, because we REALLY are those freaks, we've also got tickets to see it at Cinerama on Saturday night (Friday was already sold out). That movie had better not suck... :)

No comments: