Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF x12

I had a rather unusual day today, in that I went to work for 2 hours, and then came home. Since I have a Sunday flight (actually Sunday flights 2 weeks in a row), I'll end up with extra hours worked this month, so since I didn't have anything pressing to work on today, I was able to come home. It's kind of nice to have 3/4 of a random Friday off work. :)

Of course, I had to do thrilling things like packing and getting ready for Green Edmonds, so it wasn't all fun and games. I'm shocked that I actually managed to pack enough clothing for 7 days into my carry-on suitcase. Of course, that's ALL that is in my carry-on. So I think it's a good thing that I've decided to make this trip sans computer, as I really don't have enough space to bring it along. Nope, not even Blue Jean would fit into my bag if I wanted to bring her.

Of course, part of the reason for that is that I kinda sorta overloaded my "personal item" carry-on with books, plus it has to carry all of the little stuff that I usually stuff in nooks and crannies of my carry-on suitcase. But we just bought Watchmen last night, and I've been more or less ordered to read it before the movie comes out. I've also got more His Dark Materials to finish, and more Dark Tower series to finish, so I figured I'd just cram a bunch of books into my bag, and do a lot of reading.

Most of this Sunday's flight, however, will be spent sleeping. I should get home from Green Edmonds around 8 p.m. tomorrow, and I'm getting picked up to go to the airport at 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning. I would complain more if I weren't going to see my nephew, sister, brother-in-law, and mom. :)

No comments: