Monday, March 02, 2009

Where did February go?!

I can't believe it's March already! And March is already filling up with stuff to do, so I'm guessing it will fly by similarly.

I was actually in town for all of February, aside from our road trip on Friday to North Bend. It was awesome, and I'll report more on that when I've downloaded the pictures from my camera. :) Work has been keeping me plenty busy just in the office, though it looks as though I'll be making a short trip next week to the other side of Washington. I think my travel schedule may not pick up much till May this year, but I'm sure I'll be all over the place all summer long!

I haven't had a lot of time spent on crafting lately, but I finished up Anne's soap sweater order yesterday, just in time to get a possible order for several pairs of armwarmers... :) Tonight, though, I'm breaking out Hello Kitty for the first time in... well, I can't remember how long it's been.


Since I did a little bit of new furniture buying for my room, and thus actually started decorating it somewhat, I've decided it's about time that I make the curtains for my bed (which looks like the one in the photo). I already have the fabric for the curtain that will be at the head of the bed, and I will eventually be buying a couple of bolts of tulle to do the side curtains, which will be really more like a bunch of tulle tied to the corner posts. :)

I'm trying to work within colors and items I've already got, which means that the decor will be burgundy, plum, brown, black, and a sort of light orchid color, as the last is the only color of sheets that I have that will go with the new theme. :) Well, I guess I have to work forest green (and/or navy blue) in there as well, unless I want to make actual curtains for my room, as opposed to hanging a flannel sheet over the window. :) I have never been one to make things match in my room, so this is all a new challenge for me. Not putting the Nightmare Before Christmas sheets on the bed will be another challenge. :)

If my mom or anyone else is concerned about how dark and small this will make my room, don't worry. I like it that way. :) I actually can't sleep if sunlight starts coming in to wherever I'm sleeping, so the more cover I can get, the better off I'll be. :)

No comments: