Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Going to California

This will probably be the last post I make for about a week, as we get up bright and early tomorrow morning to fly to California, where I'll be meeting Jeremy's mom, his remaining siblings (I've already met his youngest brother), and all of his nieces and nephews. This is only marginally nerve-wracking, as such things tend to be. Mainly, I'm just hoping that everyone likes me and that the kids all love what we got them for Christmas. Because seriously, I think we're bringing an entire suitcase just for presents. :)

For whatever reason, the original flight I had us on got changed to an earlier flight, which is a bit of a pain. We have to get up at the usual time tomorrow morning (o'dark thirty), and we really need to pack and get everything else done tonight. We've gotta figure out how to get Black over to Uncle Andrew's house, as he is doing much better, but still should probably be isolated and watched for any signs that he's not continuing to get better. He does at least get to play with the other cats at Andrew's this time, though, which will make all of them very happy. :)

Our plans for California are pretty much entirely family stuff. We'll head straight to Jeremy's mom's house tomorrow afternoon. Friday, we're going to spend the day in libraries and cemeteries, working on his family's genealogy. Saturday, we're meeting up with one of his brothers (who Jeremy has not seen since said brother was a baby, and said brother is 30 now) and his family. Sunday, Jeremy's mom is having all of her kids (Jeremy, another brother, and his only sister) and their kids over for dinner. Monday, we fly back. It'll be a bit of a whirlwind, but with the flights and all, we really only have three solid days to spend.

So yeah, don't expect much out of me till I'm back in the office on Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm going to be crocheting like a madwoman and trying to work on stuff for my Vampire game. Hopefully not at the same time. The world does not need a crocheting vampire beyond my old character, Mel. :)

No comments: