Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Writing and such

I suppose I should point out that today is the last day that my short story, "The Recondite Riddle of the Rose Rogue," is available on the front page of Crossed Genres. It will remain on the site until February 28, 2011, but you'll have to look for it under "Archives" after today.

I spent last night reviewing the schedule of panels for NorWesCon, where we're headed this weekend. This convention mainly made our list of things to do because Jeremy is using it as an opportunity to do some writing networking and such. So his schedule is loaded with writing panels. But as I looked over them, I found that I'm more drawn to some of the writing panels than the costuming panels, because I really don't have time to work on costumes much any more. Sure, the panels on thrifting your way to a costume are great. But the ones about costume construction? I'm running in fear. :)

I'm hoping that all of these writing panels will also prod me into working on some more writing. I have a short story that I want to finish by the end of April. I would like to finally look at the novel I wrote last November and start poking it into shape. And I'm sure I'll come up with ideas for a few more short stories to work on in the coming months. So while my convention schedule isn't totally loaded with writing panels (gotta have some steampunk panels too), I'm going to use it for the opportunity to push me in the right direction. :)

2 comments:

Metafrantic said...

While you're at Norwescon, look up Jean Johnson; she's a successful novelist (she had a very popular 8-book series of romantic fantasy novels) and she's a good friend of me and Kay. Say hi for us!

Dawn said...

Will do! I suspect that whenever I don't have panels I'm planning to attend, I'll probably be hanging out near where all the writers are. :)