Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Finding music

I haven't written much about music here lately, which is an oddity if you've followed me for a while. I suppose the truth of the matter is that I haven't had much new music to talk about lately.

My iPod has been reminding me of this today, with an eclectic mix of music that is very much me. With the various artists that have come up, I'm also reminded of how I first heard them. On a compilation, thanks to the generosity of a friend, or because I spent the majority of one weekend sitting beside them (yay, Dragon*Con!). I genuinely like all of the music on my iPod (yes, all 10,641 songs), but sometimes remembering the stories are what makes it even better.

But we haven't been getting out to see much live music lately. We went to see Nathaniel Johnstone's band and Civita a few weeks ago, but ended up leaving before the other two bands came on stage, because I was just too exhausted. We're going to see Abney Park on Sunday (for the eleventy billionth time for me, I think :) ). But most of the time, even when I see a show that I might be interested in, I'm not interested enough to buy tickets.

I've also stopped listening to Pandora at work, which means the only time I hear new music is when Jeremy sends me a link to something he's listening to. Most of the time, we do not have particularly similar tastes in music (though I admit to really liking some of his female-fronted pop :) ), so I just listen and move on.

What all this boils down to is the fact that I have a TON of gift cards for the iTunes store, and haven't used them yet. Any suggestions? I had a mental list of some of what I want, but I've mostly forgotten it, and still need more ideas to spend all of my gift cards. :)

Mix Tape Pouch from Brave Moonman

No comments: