Friday, March 01, 2002

I have discovered that visiting New Orleans involves lots of walking around. Driving in the French Quarter is difficult when it is permitted. And at night, some of the streets are just flat out closed. If you've ever seen pictures of Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras, you'd understand why... and it's kinda busy even when it's not Mardi Gras. Why this is relevant is that visiting New Orleans involves more walking around than my knees could handle. Unfortunately, this meant we left early, and had to skip the vampire tour and the ghost tour. :(

On the up side, however, I did get to see a lot of really neat stuff (including Marie Laveau's purported grave), and got some pretty kewl ideas for Vampire related stuff. After all, there are some things about New Orleans that they don't tell you in New Orleans by Night, that you can only really understand by visiting there. Like the complete and utter absence of any squirrels in the entire city... or at least none that we saw... but that's not really important... If I have the time and inclination, I may type up a few of my (useful) thoughts on the topic and post them here or somewhere nearby.

In the meantime, I'm trying to find things to do that don't involve standing or walking, as that seems to be my best bet at the moment! Looking forward to getting to watch Queen of the Damned tomorrow night, since most of my friends seem to have liked it!

Listening to an interesting CD at the moment. A band called Anathema, whose CD (Serenades, from 1993) was in the discount bin at the CD shop today... from the song titles, it looked like they might be a goth band... now that it's in the CD player, they're a lot like Type O Negative. Not necessarily a bad thing, just kinda odd. But for $4, I'm not gonna complain too much! :) I love finding CDs that don't suck that cost less than $5! :)

No comments: