Monday, September 30, 2002

Now we've got the Monday Mission...

1. Who has authority over you? Ummm... pretty much just my boss... that's about it...

2. Where do you go to get a feeling of community? LARP, of course! We're just one big happy EXTREMELY disfunctional family... :)

3. What do you do, or have you done, in your life that "goes against the tide?" Plenty...

4. Guilt can be a powerful weapon. Those who have mastered its power can very good at getting what they want. Have you ever used guilt to get you what you want? Have you ever had it used on you? How did you react? Yes. Not really.

5. I was walking through the mall Friday night and saw a lot of teenagers who dressed really wild and just acted like idiots - not caring who was looking or what others thought. And I remember being that way, having that kind of freedom. I must have looked like a fool then too. Did you ever do anything in public with your friends as a teenager that you would never do today? Tell me about that. I used to be one of those kids who went to the mall and acted fairly obnoxiously... but that seems like forever ago. But I still don't really care a whole lot about what people are thinking... obviously... :) I LARP, after all... :) Though there have been times when I have seen someone I know from school or work-related stuff at the Student Center while I'm there for game, and have been known to keep my jacket on if I'm wearing something really out there... :)

6. I don't watch the television show "Survivor," but I did notice they allow each contestant to bring one "luxury item" to the deserted island with them (make-up, a book, etc.). If you were to go to an island for three months, what five "luxury items" would you bring and why? I assume there's not electrical outlets on a deserted island? In which case scrap the idea of bringing my laptop and CDs, cuz the battery would be dead in 4 hours or less... so we'll go with: 1) The Stand, by Stephen King (I could never get sick of that book); 2) Vampire: the Masquerade 3rd ed. book (so I can finally learn ALL of the rules by heart); 3) Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman (such a good book); 4) an empty notebook and pen; 5) my reading glasses. Yeah, I know I only chose book related stuff. Well, I'm a geek, and I like to read. Besides which, I don't watch "Survivor" either, and I dunno what kind of luxury items people bring.

7. If you would have had a choice, in which time period would you have like to have lived? Why? Victorian, all the way... close enough to modern to not be terrible, and soooooo nifty. Which reminds me, I got a book to go buy this week... w00t! :)

BONUS: Where do you dare me to draw the line? On the sidewalk... :p

No comments: