Friday, February 14, 2003

Time for the Friday Five!

1. Explain why you started to journal/blog. I think it was something along the lines of "because everyone else is doing it"... :) I liked the idea of having a webpage that I updated daily (or close to it), without all the work that is usually associated with updating daily... :) As a side note, my page was a year old in January; my blog turns one a week from today... so w00t! :)

2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not? Yeah, a good chunk of my friends in C-dale read it on occasion, some more regularly than others. Megan reads it too, even though she never calls, and only leaves me strange comments like the Setite song... :)

3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog? Not in the slightest... :) Well, except I usually talk about movies that I've watched recently and such...

4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year? Uhhh... I suppose it would be good to keep it going, but that's about my only goal... :)

5. Pimp five of your favorite journals/blogs. Jess, who is a fellow gamer; Promoguy, who does the Monday Mission; Wil Wheaton, formerly of Star Trek: the Next Generation and movie fame; Barry the Gnome, the tales of woe of a garden gnome seeking liberation for his brethren; and Johanna, another fellow gamer and all around interesting girl! :)

::..::

End of the Work Week Wisdom:
"Fish are never really alive; they're just less dead!"
--Red Foreman, on That 70's Show

Fish?
Quack.

::..::

In other news, I've got another major project at work... see, for as long as I've been here, there have been 3 large packages on the top shelf in my bosses's office. Just packages, wrapped up in brown paper, and just sitting there.

So I went in to his office yesterday, to ask him what my next project was, having finished the last one he gave me. And he said "The Memoirs."

Now those two little words might not mean much to the average reader of SWG.net. But to me, they meant quite a bit more. As some of you know, I work for the Ulysses S. Grant Association. And we edit things that Grant wrote. Well, the big project, the final project, is going to be to produce a professionally edited version of Grant's Memoirs, which he wrote when he was dying of throat cancer, to help support his family after he died.

And so we took down one of the three packages, and unwrapped it, and I got to work.

I have a stack of paper on my desk, easily more than 500 pages. Handwritten. That was one of the two small packages. There's another one of the same size, and a third, about half again as big, at least, waiting for me.

Can we say I just got busy again?

No comments: