Friday, March 07, 2003

Here's the Friday Five!

1. What was the last song you heard? Hmmm... this is hard for me to remember, because since I woke up this morning, I've had "Monument" by The Crüxshadows stuck in my head. This isn't a bad thing, it just precludes me from remembering what the last song that was played last night was... :)

2. What were the last two movies you saw? The Royal Tenenbaums (last night), and Session 9 (night before last)

3. What were the last three things you purchased? A really nice skillet with a lid, another set of cheap plastic plates (to replace the ones that are about to crack in half), and I guess my new purple backpack (for game, of course!)

4. What four things do you need to do this weekend? Dishes, grocery shopping, laundry, and... I was gonna say homework, till I remembered that I don't have classes next week! :) So... probably some cleaning...

5. Who are the last five people you talked to?My boss, two co-workers, Gabe, and Megan... at least talked to in person or on the phone... if we're counting E-mail, then the list changes substantially... :)

::..::

"End of the Work Week Wisdom":*
Common sense is that layer of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the age of 18.
--Albert Einstein

I dunno, it was in my calendar! :)

* - Gabe had a much better End of the Work Week Wisdom for me, but as he came up with it on Sunday or Monday, and we forgot to write it down, it is thus lost... :(

::..::

And, as it says above, we watched "The Royal Tenenbaums" last night... we had both seen it before, but it had been a while... this time around, we just skipped the whole scene where Richie is in the bathroom (note, I'm being really careful to not spoil it for anyone)... unfortunately, that meant that we missed another scene, which I like very much (again, no spoilers here!)... but basically, if you haven't seen this movie, you should... it's extremely funny! And even though Ben Stiller is usually the funniest part of just about any movie he's in, in this one, he's not the funniest! :)

So as for the weekend, game tonight, but no game tomorrow night. I think we're gonna try to go see "Gods & Generals" tomorrow night... which means I need to remember to sleep late tomorrow morning, so that I don't fall asleep in a 3 hour movie! :) Spring Break starts Monday, which means that Gabe is off school all next week... as for me, I only work Monday and Tuesday, and then have the rest of the week off... w00t! :)

No comments: