Monday, March 10, 2003

"Just another manic Monday..."

Hehehe... for some odd reason, I felt the need to say that, even though, thus far, today has not been in the slightest bit manic... :) Cold out, sure, but not manic... :)

Movies over the weekend were good. Saw "Gods and Generals" on Saturday night. It was very long, but rather good. The intermission was nice, even though it inspired people to go ask the theater people to turn down the heat... I was comfortable! Then they opened the doors, and I had to put my sweater back on! :( Right, that tells you NOTHING about the movie. It was good, like I said. Not too gory, either, which is one of the reasons I often don't like war movies...

Last night, we watched "Strictly Ballroom," which was the last disk in the Red Curtain Trilogy box set that I bought a little while ago. Very funny... and the costumes... GAH! I have never seen that many ruffles before in my life! But yeah, not a bad movie, all in all! :)

Saw a couple of previews on that disk, however, for movies that I've decided I really wanna see. "Chocolat" (no, I've never seen it!), and "Basquiat" (I hope I spelled that right)... the latter has just about EVERYONE in it... David Bowie, Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper... wow! Looks interesting, too! :)

Oh, and though I'll probably wait for it to come out on video, they showed a preview for "Dreamcatcher" on Saturday night... it's apparently based on a Stephen King novel (that I've never heard of)... and Jason Lee and Donnie Wahlberg are in it... yeah, that Donnie Wahlberg... of NKOTB fame... :)

Monday Mission later, I hope! :)

No comments: