Monday, March 03, 2003

Kewl, the Monday Mission is up now! :)

1. Are there any television commercials on these days that are among your favorites? What is your favorite television commercial from your childhood? Don't watch a lot of TV + BAD local commercials = no favorite current commercial. Most of the ones I liked before were pretty goofy, and I mainly liked them because the songs in them were sooooo infectious... like the Goldfish commercial ("I love the fishes cuz they're so delicious...") or the damn Chex commercial ("I I love love double double Chex Chex...")... yeah... goofy...

2. Sometimes we see ourselves as different than we actually are. For example, I like to think I am a pretty outgoing person, but in reality, I would be perfectly happy if I were left alone. How about you? Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Would others agree with you? I'm weird about things like that. I am fairly shy, don't like talking to strangers, etc. But sometimes, I'm okay with that... it sticks out the most around gamers, or gamer friendlies... which I seem to have a sixth sense for... like when Nathan and I were in Champaign, and were trying to find food... a girl walked by, and offered to show us where a good Chinese place was... so we followed her, and she asked what we were there for... Nathan's reponse was "theater stuff", while mine was "vampire LARP"... turns out the girl knew the LARPers, and wasn't freaked out... :) But the short answer is, if I meet another gamer, I'm instantly at ease with them, and am a lot more chatty... :)

3. What kind of a worker are you? Do you like a job where you have a daily routine that you can count on every day? Or do you prefer to be in an environment where there is constant change and you never know what to expect from one day to the next? I do like having some structure to my day, but, at the same time, I want the parts of it that go around the structure to be more flexible. I don't think I could handle having every block of my time pre-filled with activity. That was what school (before college) was for.

4. I've found that when I go out for a business lunch or any type of meeting where you have to speak, a salad makes the best meal choice. It isn't sloppy and makes it easy to pause for conversation. I would think the same would be true for first dates. When you've gone out on first dates, what sort of decisions would go into your choice of dinner? Price? Ease of conversation? The "messiness" factor? What are these "date" things that you speak of? :) It has been AGES since I've had a first date type thing that involved food... I'm not even sure how to answer this question!

5. "It's grouper" "Two Dollars!" "By choice, man!" The Donger need food!" are just a few of the movie quote that I can recite off the top of my head. These (and oh so many others) come up in the most unusual and inappropriate situations. Usually no one but me "gets it." Doesn't matter, I still have a good laugh. What are some of your all-time favorite movie quotes? The most common is "Have fun storming the castle!", to which I have trained Gabe to respond with the next line ("Think it'll work?"), that I follow up with "It would take a miracle"... but that's just mostly us being silly... :)

6. What if it happened. All of creation is gone. Wiped out. And then come to find out that that there is no reincarnation, no chance to live life over again, no second chance. Turned out, there really was a God and Heaven and Hell. How would that make you feel? Do you want to go to Heaven? Well, if all of the things I've been told over the years are true, I'd be in hell... ah well!

7. Should everyone be allowed into Heaven? Or should there be criteria? If you were making up the guest list for Heaven, how would you choose who gets in? I suppose the idea of heaven requires some criteria, otherwise why is it seen as worthwhile to live a good life? As for a guest list, I'd rather write one for hell, because that would be where the good parties would be anyhow... :)

Yeah, I'm a bad person... >;)

No comments: