Friday, April 04, 2003

Friday Five time! :)

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? Okay, let's see here...

  • First was the house I grew up in... lived there for a long time...
  • Next (not counting the dorms) was the apartment on the square... that place was awesome... great big HUGE living room (24 feet by 30 feet... no, I'm serious... that big...)
  • Then the apartment at Southern Hills... icky non-carpeted nonsense...
  • Then the apartment near Denny's (that's the best way I've ever been able to describe it)...
  • Then the house in Murphysboro...
  • And now my apartment near campus...


2. Which was your favorite and why? I think the apartment on the square, when I lived in Kirksville... it was close enough to school to walk or ride my bike, it was right by a lot of kewl stuff, and it was frickin' huge! I also like my current apartment, because it's close to EVERYTHING, but it's a little dinky... I'm still trying to figure out how to make more space in there, but I think we just have too much junk! :(

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why? It is somewhat stressful, but I like it as well... just as long as I don't have to move too often, I'm usually okay with it. Every couple of years is okay, but much more than that I don't like...

4. What's more important, location or price? I've been really lucky to be able to have good locations at good prices, so I can't really say... though at the moment, I'm more inclined to go with location... when I found my current apartment, the location was SOOOO good that I didn't really care what it cost... :)

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)? Definitely a big bathroom, with a big bathtub of one sort or another... and a decent sized kitchen as well, preferably with a separate dining area... and PLENTY of closets! Other than that, I like basements, but nice ones are rare in this area... the water table is too high... so I can do without a basement if I have to...

::..::

End of the Work Week Wisdom:
"When in doubt, follow your fish."
--It's probably not technically a quote, but it's in the EINTKILFS (Everything I needed to know I learned from Sandman) list...

Fish?
Quack.

::..::

Time to work all day, then game tonight, then very little sleep before our bus trip to Nashville... w00t! :)

No comments: