Friday, May 02, 2003

Skipping the Friday Five again... it's about music, but I just felt kinda "eh" about it...

Smackdown was good, though Thor noted that even though we get to see more matches on Smackdown, it's the same guys fighting the same guys, over and over...

As for Mr. America... hehehehe... that was kinda kewl... we initially expected Lex Luger, of course... but as the night wore on, we started being a lot more silly about it... Gabe at one point said "I hope it's not the Iron Sheik"... I thought it might be Sergeant Slaughter... at one point, we thought it might be a midget in Uncle Sam get-up... when Vince showed up and Steph was talking to him, I SWEAR she started to say "She is"... so then we thought it might be a transvestite... :) But, in the end, it was good... brother... ;)

Anyways, Jason mentioned that Miss Elizabeth died last night (which is odd, as we were talking about Macho Man last night too)... and Lex Luger got arrested at the same time (and Miss Elizabeth lived with Lex Luger)... so I found a couple of news stories about it. This one from The Charleston Post & Courier is short but good, and this one, from Slam! Sports talks more about her career and such...

In other news, I had a really good End of the Work Week Wisdom, and failed to write it down... if Gabe can remember it, maybe I'll post it later... :)

No comments: